Starting this spring, Disney World is unveiling its MyMagic+ program.
Disney's newest technology creation combines the power of the internet, smartphone apps, and wristbands to allow your family to plan the perfect Disney World experience.
MyMagic+ Means No More Waiting in Lines
The idea behind MyMagic+ is simple.
- Reserve times for park attractions that your family actually wants to experience.
- Show up at your reserved time.
- Avoid waiting in line for rides or splitting up to collect FastPasses.
The best part is that you don't have to stick to your itinerary.
Update your MyMagic+ plan with your smartphone, while at the parks - anywhere - anytime.
Here's How MyMagic+ Works
1. Decide which group you fall into.
- Group 1: If you're staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, you're an Annual Pass holder, or you've purchased a photography package, MyMagic+ is available to you.
- Group 2: For now, all other guests will receive a ticket with touch features that allow them to enter parks, redeem FastPasses+, and pay for items. These guests can also use the My Disney Experience website and purchase MagicBands. Don't worry - Disney World plans to make the entire MyMagic+ available to all guests by the end of 2013.
2. Research with My Disney Experience. Look up park information online or on the app (available for iOS and Android).
3. Reserve with FastPass+. Reserve times for rides, attractions, and dining using the enhanced FastPass system.
4. Breeze Past Lines with Your MagicBand. Show up to your reserved park attractions, swipe your MagicBand wristband and you're on your way to a full day of family fun at Disney World. Don't forget that your MagicBands serves as a room key, theme park ticket, and PhotoPass card. You also have access to your FastPass+ selections and can use it to make purchases.
5. Revise Your Itinerary on the Go. Use your smartphone to update your itinerary anywhere, even at the parks!
So What's Next?
We're thrilled about the MyMagic+ system because we think it will help families create the best Disney World experience. But there are a lot of questions still unanswered.
- Do young children have to wear the MagicBands?
- How does MyMagic+ work for families with handicapped members?
- Will all smartphones support the new technology?
- When do we get full access to the technology?
What questions do you have about MyMagic+? Do you love the idea or have concerns about it? Share your thoughts below or sign up to receive ROVH's updates on MyMagic+ breaking news.